This season has shown a lot of things for the Golden Gophers women’s basketball team. The biggest silver lining of an already great season is the coming out party of Amanda Zahui B.
Zahui, a native of Sweden, showed her awesomeness on Sunday evening. The Gophers lost the game, but it was not due to a lack of effort from Zahui. Zahui put in 36 points which is a career high. The 6-5 center also grabbed 15 rebounds.
It was a matchup of ranked teams in New York. The Gophers had the higher rating of 21, but the Scarlet Knights were just a couple slots behind at the 25 spot. Rutgers came away with a 66-61 victory.
Carlie Wagner notched double-digits as well for the Gophers with 12 points.
For the Scarlet Knights, Tyler Scaife reached a career high 28 points in the victory.
The Gophers next play on Wednesday against Penn State at The Barn. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. between one of the best teams in the Big Ten against the team currently at the bottom of the conference.
The Gophers are now 16-4 overall with a 5-3 record in Big Ten play. Maryland and Iowa sit above the Gophers and the rest of the conference.
More from Gold and Gopher
- Must-have Minnesota Golden Gophers items for football season
- Minnesota Golden Gophers Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Minnesota Golden Gophers Gift Guide: 10 Man Cave must-haves
- Get Golden Gophers News, in the New FanSided Android App
- Gold and Gopher Madness: Win $500 or an Apple TV from RetailMeNot and LockerDome